The College has established a Women Cell in the college campus for the women faculty, staff and girl students, to enhance understanding of issues related to women and to make the college campus a safe place for them. With an aim of creating awareness of their rights and duties the cell organizes and participates in seminars, talks and also takes up women’s issues and problems. It also provides a platform for women to share their experiences and views regarding their status in the society and to suggest ways to improve and empower themselves. Aiming at intellectual and social upliftment of the female students, the cell stands for facilitating women’s empowerment through guest lectures, seminars, awareness programmes life skill training programmes, entrepreneur training and other welfare activities.
Girls’ Guidance & Counseling & Sexual Harassment & Gender Sensitization Committee
As per the requirements of “University Grants Commission (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal of Sexual Harassment of Women Employees and Students in Higher Educational Institutions) Regulations, 2015”, Internal Complaints Committee with the name Girls’ Guidance & Counselling, Sexual Harassment & Gender Sensitization Committee has been constituted in the college to address the issues related to girls. The Committee is as follows:
|Dr. Abdul Bari||Chairmen|
|Prof. Madhurima Naidu||Convener|
|Dr. Mangala Tomar||Members|
|Dr. Anupama Labhe||Members|
|Ku. Harsha Bhagat||Members|
|Smt. Shital Tikait||Members|
|Dr. Dhammsangini Ramagorakh (Director, Women Study Centre, RTMNU, Nagpur)||Members|
|Dr. Vandana Dabhade||Members|
|Adv. Archana Wankhede (Psychologist cum Counsellor)||Members|
|Ku. Akaksha Khatri/td>||Members|
|Ku. Yashashwi Ughade (Girl Representatives)||Members|
- To create awareness amongst students about the problems faced by women of all strata due to gender issues.
- To create an environment of gender justice where men and women are treated one and the same with a sense of personal security and dignity.
- To create awareness amongst students about the issues related to the youth, girls in particular.
- To disseminate knowledge about rights and laws related to women.
- To act against any instance of sexual harassment in the college as reported by girls or lady staff members as per the stipulated guidelines and procedures.
- To enhance the self-esteem and self-confidence of women students, faculty and staff in the college.
- To promote intellectual and cultural activities for overall personality development of student.
- To develop critical thinking ability of women students such that it enhances decision-making ability.
Several activities are conducted throughout the year by the Cell to promote awareness among girl students and educate them on gender specific issues in the areas such as health, legal, career and social.
Activities at a glance (2015-16) Click here