G.S. COLLEGE OF COMMERCE, WARDHA
DEPARTMENT OF PHYSICAL EDUCATION & SPORTS
Prof. Prakash Chopade
Director of Physical Education
- Dr. Abdul Bari: Principal & Chairman
- Prof. P. M. Chopade Convenor
- Prof. M. O. Naidu Member
- Dr. S.R. Chavan Member
- Dr. R. A. Raut Member
- Dr. Y. Patinge Member
- Prof. M. Thawani Member
- Prof. A. Kachhwah Member
Objectives of the department:
- Optimization of learning techniques; search of new forms and teaching methods, their improvement with an opportunity of giving comprehensive education and making physical education an efficient factor in the development of a strong personality and readiness for professional activities.
- To foster physical education and the teaching how to implement it in social, professional, physical and recreational activities.
- To foster the learning and growing process that strengthens skills in leadership, communication, teamwork, discipline, and confidence.
- To motivate students to engage themselves in sports activities for healthy lifestyle.
- To provide a platform to the students for participating in competitions to showcase their talent and nurture them.
- To develop health related physical fitness of students through various Camps, Clinics, Workshops, Intra-class competitions and daily practice sessions.
- To provide all required sports facilities and infrastructure to all college students.
- To develop and maintain sports infrastructure.
- To increase the number of participation of students in sports.
- To train and motivate students to attain high level of sports performance.