The library comprises books and journals and periodicals in commerce, management and other related disciplines. Every year new knowledge resources are added to library. The library collection is developed through regular grant, grants received from various schemes of UGC and also no-grant heads budget.
|Total collection (as per Accn register)||50000+|
|Bound Volumes of Journals||508|
|E Library Collection (NLIST)||E-Books- 100000+E-Journals 5000+|
JOURNALS SUBSCRIBED BY LIBRARY (LEARNING RESOURCE CENTRE)
1 UNIVERSITY NEWS (E)
2 INDIAN JOURNAL OF ECONOMICS (E)
3 PRABANDHAN: INDIAN JOURNAL OF MANAGEMENT (E)
4 ARTHASHASTRA: INDIAN JOURNAL OF ECONOMICS & RESEARCH (E)
5 INDIAN JOURNAL OF FINANCE (E)
6 INDIAN JOURNAL OF RESEARCH IN CAPITAL MARKET (E)
7 INDIAN JOURNAL OF COMPUTER SCIENCE (E)
8 INDIAN JOURNAL OF MARKETING (E)
9 THE JOURNAL OF COMMERCE & MANAGEMENT THOUGHT (E)
10 RBI BULLETIN (E)
11 KURUKSHETRA (E)
12 KURUKSHETRA (H)
13 YOJANA (E)
14 YOJANA (H)
15 DOWN TO EARTH (E)
MAGAZINES SUBSCRIBED BY LIBRARY (LEARNING RESOURCE CENTRE)
1 OUTLOOK MAGAZINE (E)
2 OUTLOOK MONEY (E)
3 SPORTSTAR (E)
4 INDIA TODAY (H)
5 ABHINAV IMROZ (H)
6 GRUHASHOBHIKA (M)
7 MUKTA (H)
8 UDYOJAK (M)
9 VANRAAI (M)
10 P C QUEST (E)
11 DATA QUEST (E)
12 DIGIT (E)
MAGAZINES FOR COMPETITIVE EXAMINATIONS & CARRER GUIDANCE
1 COMPETITION AFFAIRS (E)
2 COMPETITION REFRESHER (E)
3 CHRONICLE (E)
4 CHRONICLE (H)
5 PRATIYOGITA DARPAN (H)
6 PRATIYOGITA DARPAN (E)
7 SUCCESS MIRROR (H)
8 SAAMANYA GYAN DARPAN (H)
9 SOMESHWAR NOKARI MARGADARSHAK (M)
10 YUVA NOKARI SANDARBHA (M)
11 STUDY CIRCLE NOKARI SANDARBHA (M)
12 MY CARRER (M)
NEWSPAPERS SUBSCRIBED BY LIBRARY
1 THE TIMES OF INDIA (E)
2 THE ECONOMIC TIMES (E)
3 THE HITAVADA (E)
4 DAILY MAHARASHTRA TIMES (M)
5 DAILY LOKSATTA (M)
6 DAILY PUNYANAGARI (M)
7 DAILY NAVBHARAT (H)
8 DAILY BHASKAR (H)
9 DAILY LOKMAT (M)
10 DAILY DESHONNATI (M)
11 DAILY SAKAL (M)
12 DAILY TARUN BHARAT (M)
13 DAILY LOKMAT SAMACHAR (H)
The library maintains special collection of books on Mahatma Gandhi, Acharya Vinoba Bhave and Jamnalalji Bajaj.
The library also has a special collection of books on various competitive and entrance examinations such as UPSC, MPSC, NET/SET. MBA-CET, CA-CPT, CAT, MAT, Banking recruitment, Insurance, Railway and Recruitment for Civil and Administrative exams etc
Monday to Saturday: 10 A.M. to 06.00 P.M.
and closed on Sunday & Govt. Holiday.
Library hours are extended if required during exam hours.
LIBRARY ACCESS TO USERS
The library follows Close and Open both the access system. The Open Access is provided to the Post Graduate students, faculty and research scholars while all others close access system is followed.
LIBRARY HOUSE KEEPING OPERATIONS
Books are classified according to Dewey Decimal Classification Scheme. Every Almirah /rack is provided with signboards of subjects.
With the advent of computerization, now the catalogue of library collection can be accessed on computers using various options, such as author, title, subject, key word in author or title, search, etc. Terminal is provided at the entrance of the library to access (OPAC) Open Access Public Catalogue.
All the students are issued 2 Library Borrower’s Tickets (BT). Scholars students and students from economically or rural areas are provided extra BT’s on demand. Students can issue two books on the BT. The books are issued daily on the specified time. Students are allowed to keep the books for a period of 7 days and can renew for the next 7 days. .
- Barcode system
Bar code system is applied in library far fastening the books transaction services in the library. The bar code label has been pasted on the books and the Borrower’s Tickets.
Automation of Library using LIBMAN (Library Management Software). The following Services are computerized
n Bar Code Generation
n Report Generation
The Library is equipped with the modern IT equipments which are made available free of cost for users. They are available during library hours for serving the library members. The IT infrastructure available in the Library as given below:
- Library Server (1 Workstations)
- Library Counter (1 Workstation)
- Library OPAC (1 Workstation)
- Library Office (1 Workstation)
- Lending Internet Lab (9 workstations)
- E-resources Computer Lab (9 Workstations)
Printers available in Library
- Laser printer
- Bar code Printer
Other equipments available in Library
- Bar Code scanner
The Library provides the free internet service to its users. The library has a Broadband connectivity from BSNL and also the VPN connection under the NMEICT project. The students use the internet for the academic purposes. The library is equipped with 23 PCs connected in LAN for library users.
All the admitted students, faculty members and the members of the management are the members of the library. Every admitted student is allotted two BT Cards for issuing the books from library. They can issue the books for a week and can renew for another week. If the book is not returned within the time a late fee has been recovered from the student.
REFERENCE AND CONSULTATION
The library is opened for reference and consultation to all its members. The staff members provide assistance to users in locating information or procuring document of their choice. Members, students, research scholars and faculty members from institution can use the library. The reference books are not issued at home. The paper set and magazines are consulted in reading room only.
The Library provides the free internet service to its users. The library has a Broadband connectivity from BSNL and also the VPN connection under the NMEICT project. The students use the internet for the academic purposes.
ONLINE APPLICATION SERVICE
The library provides the service to students for applying various schemes of Government such as scholarship, fellowship, online application for various exams. The librarian guides the students about the process of online application and making the payment of fees online. Many students are benefitting under this service such as applying for MBA-CET, Accounting Talent Search Exam, NET & SET Exams. The students are also applied to various competitive exams, SSC, MPSC, Railway Recruitment, Banking exam (IBPS) etc.
The students are provided with the print of Online Application form and Admit Card free of cost if they required
E-RESOURCES AND DIGITAL E- SERVICES
The Library has subscribed the E-resources from INFLIBNET, Ahmedabad under the project NLIST. Every year the subscription is renewed by paying Rs. 5000/- to INFLIBNET. Training is provided to the student about the use of these resources by the librarian.
BOOKS ON DEPOSIT SCHEME
The library provides books to the students during the exam period on the deposit (Suraksha Rashi). The students deposit the amount of books to the library and the amount is returned to the student while returning the books to library. No amount is deducted from the deposit.
Reprographic service is provided by the library on payment basis whenever required by the members. The Paper set, question papers and important notes are provided them by making copies. A Xerox machine is provided by the management for this purpose.
INFORMATION ALERT & CAREER GUIDANCE SERVICE
The new arrivals are displayed on the Notice board for the information of library members. The advertisement and announcements about the various Competitive, entrance, eligibility and scholarships are displayed on the display board, additional information and assistance is also provided for applying an appearing for the same. The notice, information and advertisement about the job and services are also displayed.
USER EDUCATION AND ORIENTATION
User education is provided to its members about the use of library resources. The training about the use and access of electronic resources is also provides. The students are trained to handling the OPAC. The newly admitted students are provided training about the library and its collection, use and rules and regulations of use.
RANGANATHAN JAYANTI & LIBRARIAN DAY
The Birth anniversary of Padmashree Dr. S. R. Ranganathan is celebrated every year in the library. A function and the book exhibition is organized on the occasion in the library.
BOOK READING COMPETITION
Book reading competition is organized every year for the students in order to cultivating their reading habits and to promote the use of library resources.
EXHIBITIONS AND SPECIAL EXHIBITIONS
The Exhibition on various occasions such as Ranganathan Jayanti, Reading Motivational Day, (Vachan Prerana Din) Marathi Bhasha Din, Hindi Diwas and Special exhibition is also organized with the collaboration of other departments.
READING MOTIVATION DAY
The Reading Motivation Day, (‘Wachan Prerna Divas)’ is celebrated on the occasion of Birth Anniversary of Dr. A. P. J. Abdul Kalam, the ex-president of India.
THE LIBRARY AWARDS
In order to motivate the students for the use of library and its resources the library is awarding the
- Best Library User Award
- Best Reader award in order to students to promote the use of library and the optimum utilization of library by its users.
LIBRARY BEST PRACTICES
LIBRARY COMPETITIONS AND ACTIVITIES (PROMOTION OF LIBRARY USE)
Various Competitions are organised by the library to enhance the use of library resources. The purpose behind this is to make students about the various resources available in library and to make them familiar with the resources for better use. In order to increase the use of library resources. in order to make students ready for the various competitive examinations. The Library organized various competitions for students such as:
- The Digital India and e-Governance Awareness quiz
- Current Awareness Competition
- E-Governance Awareness Competition
- General Studies Awareness Competition
- Information Literacy and Digital Literacy Awareness Competition
- Quiz on Environment etc.
The library has subscribed the e-resources from Information and Library Network Centre (INFLIBNET) Ahmedabad through N-List Programme. The members are provided free access to the e-resources more than 2100 electronic journals and 51,000 e-books and databases. The following e-resources are accessible for students and faculty with a Username and Password.
Free e Books
LIBRARY RULES AND REGULATIONS
GENERAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
- Use of Mobile Phone is not allowed in the Library
- ID Card is mandatory for using library.
- Students must sign in the Library entry register.
- Silence should maintain strictly in Library and Reading Room.
- Bags not allowed in the Library and stack area.
- Discipline and queue must be maintained in library.
- Read the Library Notice Board time to time for updates.
- BT is NON-TRANSFERRABLE. Using someone else’s BT is a punishable offence.
- Co-operate the library staff for smooth functioning and library services.
- If you have any problem regarding library please contact to librarian.
- Only Admitted students and students with valid reason and valid permission from authority will be allowed to use the library. Outsiders and ex-students without permission are not allowed.
- Misbehavior in the library will be punished or penalized according to the college authority or library membership will be cancelled.
- Students must return the BT to the library and issue No due Certificate from the library otherwise no admit card will be issued by the college.
- Eating, spitting sleeping in the library is not allowed it will be treated as misbehavior and will be penalized as per the college authority
- Handle the Library Book carefully.
- Return the books on due date or renewed otherwise fine will be charged at the time of clearance.
GUIDELINES FOR REPROGRAPHY SECTION:
- The photocopy/ Xeroxing service will be available for library books, journal article and question papers. Photocopy of outside papers or notes will be not provided.
- Rs 1/per page will be charged for photocopying.
GUIDELINES FOR ISSUE OF THE BOOKS
- A student will be provided two BT’s for issuing books from the library.
- BT is Non-transferable. Transferring self BT to other is a punishable offence.
- Book will be issued on the valid BT holder only.
- Valid ID card is compulsory for issuing the books from the library.
- Books will be issued for a week and can renew for further week. If a student does not renew the book or return the book after the due date will charge a late fee Rupees 1/day.
- The student must check the book on issuing if found mutilated or torn pages must inform the library staff on the circulation counter otherwise the borrower will be held responsible for the same.
- If it is found that book is lost or damaged the borrower must replace with a new copy of the Book or have to pay the amount of the Book with the fine as per the college and library authority.
GUIDELINES FOR READING SECTION:
- Student must sign in the Reading Room Entry Register on entering the Reading Room.
- The Periodicals (Journals & magazines) will not be issued at home they will be available in library reading room only. Taking out the Journals and magazine outside the library is prohibited.
- While taking the book for reading room students must deposit his/her ID card at the Reading Room Counter.
- After reading the periodical (Journal, Magazine, Newspaper) keep it on the proper place or on the reading Room Counter.
GUIDELINES FOR INTERNET USE
- Students are expected to use the Internet responsibly. Internet access is limited to academic activities only and personal use is not permitted except free e-mail service. Academic activities include research and educational tasks.
- E-mails sent via the college computer system should not contain content that is deemed to be offensive. This includes the use of vulgar or harassing language/images.
- Transmitting, copying or downloading any material such as copyrighted material without the permission of copyright holder is prohibited.
- Allowing someone else such as your friend or relatives on your register user ID/ or internet access permission is prohibited.
- All sites and downloads may be monitored and/or blocked by college if they are deemed to be harmful or offensive.
- Attaching any devices such as pen drives, mobiles or any electronic or storage media without permission is prohibited.
- The installation of any software is strictly prohibited.
- Sending or posting discriminatory, harassing, or threatening messages or images on the Internet via college internet service is prohibited.
- Using computers to perpetrate any form of fraud, and/or software, film or music piracy, stealing, using, or disclosing someone else’s password without authorization is prohibited.
- Downloading, copying or pirating software, images, videos and electronic files that are copyrighted or without authorization is prohibited.
- Sharing confidential material, pictures, or proprietary information outside of the College, Sending or posting information that is defamatory to the college, its activities, colleagues and teachers is prohibited.
- Passing off personal views as representing those of the organization is prohibited.
- The college do not accept any responsibility or liability for any matter, issue, claim, action, inaction proceeding, demand, damage, loss, cost, charge or expense which any user may suffer or incur, either directly or indirectly, through the use of this service.
- Internet user will be fully responsible for consequences arising during his session.
- Violation of the above could result in disciplinary and/or legal action leading up to and including termination from college. Users may also be held personally liable for damages.
- Construction of New Library Building
- Application of Web based library software
- Installation of library OPAC kiosk
- Application of RFID
- Development of Library Mobile Android app
- Abdul Bari (Principal & Chairperson)
- Nagsen Bansod (Librarian & Secretary)
- Rajendra Raut (Member)
- Mangala Tomar (Member)
- Revati Bangare (Member)
- Amol Kacchawah (Member)
- Mamata Thawani (Member)
- Harsha Bhagat (Member)
Dr. Abdul Bari
Contact No. (07152) 230511
Mr. Nagsen Bansod
Contact No. 9850428658
- Shital Tikait Library Clerk
- Arun Atram Library Attendant
- Subhash Modankar Library Attendant
- Sandhya Raut Library Attendant
SOME IMPORTANT LINKS
Library Office: 07152-251513
G. S. COLLEGE OF COMMERCE LIBRARY, WARDHA
- Best Library User Award
- Best Library Reader Award
The library will award Best Library User Award to the students who will read the most no. of book among the students. At the end of the session in the month of January the award will be declared. For this students regular visits to library, use of library and its resources, participation in library activities, behaviour with the library staff, timeliness and achievements will be taken into consideration. The library staff will monitor the student’s behaviour and library records. The award winner will get Certificate, Memento & Books.
Mr. Nagsen Bansod Dr. Abdul Bari
G S COLLEGE OF COMMERCE, WARDHA
LIBRARY FEEDBACK FORM
- Please mention your Class/ Sem/Year_____________________________
- How many time you visit the library in a day___________________________
- As an when required
- Which purpose do you visit library?
- Issuing and returning of Books
- Reading of Newspapers and magazines
- In the need of information from reference books
- For studying in the study room
- For accessing e-resources
- For using internet
- Any other purpose______________________________________________
- How much time you spend in the library
- 15 Min
- 30 Min
- 1 hour
- More than 1 hour
- Whether the Newspapers/Magazines/ Journals are easily accessible? Yes/No
- Does the Library collection satisfy your needs? Yes/No
- Do you know the various schemes of library? Yes/No
- Are you satisfied with the library services rendered by the library staff? Yes/No
- Do you use the library for extra-curricular activities? Yes/No
- Do you ask for material not available in the Library? Yes/No
- Do you use the Open Access facility? Yes/No
- Do you check the book before issuing from library? Yes/No
- Do you find the lightening and seating facilities are adequate? Yes/No
- Any Suggestions for the improvement in library services___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________